This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.








Thursday, October 05, 2006

Thoughts about TCA in R12 and Fusion



Yes, Oracle TCA is an excellent design. However it is not without any flaws. During my work experience with differnet clients, I have noted a few that I wish to share.

Here is the link for Oracle TCA vision in R12 & Fusion

Comments on ""

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:29 PM) : 

hi Anil

I heard that in fusion there will be no forms and it would be of all web pages. Is that correct.

 

Blogger Anil Passi said ... (9:35 PM) : 

Hi Santosh,

Your question triggered several questions in my mind, hence have posted reply to your question in the link Forms in Fusion

Thanks
Anil Passi

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:01 PM) : 

hi Anil
I have found an online presentation on oracle website. Hope this would answer my question and wanted to share it with others. the link is
http://www.oracle.com/technology/sample_code/products/forms/viewlets/10g/forms_roadmap/Roadmap_viewlet_swf.html

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:14 PM) : 

http://www.oracle.com/technology/
sample_code/products/forms/
viewlets/10g/forms_roadmap/
Roadmap_viewlet_swf.html

 

Blogger Anil Passi said ... (10:55 PM) : 

Thanks,Thanks for sharing that link. I have gone through that presentation now. The presentation clearly states that one day Oracle would like to phase out Oracle Forms.
But Oracle still doesn't state the future of oracle Forms in SOA based Fusion.

I think Fusion will simply be next version on top of R12 with no significant changes in tech stack, however little bits of SOA added. Hence to begin with, in 2008 we will get a Fusion product that will cause some confusion. I think to re-develop their entire ERP suite in SOA, Oracle will require approx 5years. These are my thoughts based on my experience with oracle thus far !

If Oracle are to stick to their 2007-2008 promise of launching Fusion, then I do not expect initial version of Fusion to be SOA based in totality.

Thanks,

 

post a comment